Thursday, May 1, 2008

Texas, part 2

Its been a crazy couple of days, but the Vanguard conference is over. I was surprised by how much I have missed being with friends, being in worship again, talking about real and painful and mysterious things at late hours.

Deepening connections with people here has been the best surprise of the trip. It isn't often that I meet people that I really think I could be friends with well into the future, but there are so many of them here. I've been struck by the clear image of seeing some of these people at my wedding some day, of getting together for vacations and watching our children become friends. I want to do whatever I can to make that happen.

It amazes me sometimes how quickly you can connect with other believers. I've only known some of the people here for a few days, but already I feel incredibly connected with them. I know I'd go really far out of my way for them if they needed it, and I think they would do the same for me. More than ever, I'm convinced that relationships are the heart of the Kingdom.

Thanks to all of you amazing people who have been sharing your homes and families with me.

1 comments:

brett tilford said...

Loved having you buddy. Can't wait to see you again this summer :)

Cheers