Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Provision

Today sucked.

I sat down this morning for a productive workday finishing and producing the first DDQ Module that I spent the last month working on, only to discover that the company that created the eBook compiling software I was using has disappeared from the planet. Their website is down, they don't answer their phones. It's just weird.

So, instead I've spent the day searching for a new compiling solution. In the end the one I found is a little more complicated to use and a little more expensive, but a lot more flexible from a design perspective. I'm going to be able to create much better looking stuff, so in the long run God has worked this thing out somehow. Also, because this tool is a lot more flexible, I'm going to be able to use a lot of the graphical resources from the DDQ Manual that I couldn't use the first time, so I'm going to be saving a lot of time in the future.

I've spent most of today discouraged and kind of freaking out, but as of now I'm starting to see how this is actually going to be something I'm grateful for. I'm going to have to work like crazy for the next few days to catch up, but I can handle that.

I guess this goes with the territory of starting something new on your own. This is one of those moments where I'm highly aware of God's grace and provision, and kind of amazed that He seems to have been waiting here in this mini-crisis, ready with a solution and even with a blessing once I shifted my focus off of freaking out and onto Him.

Gee, it's kind of like a life lesson I should be learning or something. Go figure.

2 comments:

il viaggiatore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
il viaggiatore said...

Justin,

What a delight to be journeying closely with you, for a season. It may not be long term, but I treasure it for what it is, and am relishing so many dimensions of this time. Thanks for mentoring me, along with Jan and your mom, into a fun, life-giving, ultimately fruitful on-line experience--in word, by modeling, by providing SEA at it's best. Onward!