Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Freedom!

I've been discovering how incredibly important freedom is to me.

I was talking with a friend of mine a few days ago about how people tend to either prefer security or freedom in their lifestyles. I have to work hard not to think of security as a dirty word sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I want to have a consistent income and such, I just don't want to sacrifice the ability to travel and organize my life according to my own sense of significance to get it. That's the main thing that keeps me going through looooong work days right now, the dream of being able to work from anywhere so that I can follow the wind and my heart wherever I want.

So this next season of my life is going to be defined by two things: freedom and relationships. I'm going to simplify my life as much as possible, so that I can travel different places and stay with friends, building and deepening the important relationships in my life. When I think about that kind of lifestyle I honestly get a little giddy. Could life really be that good?

I know that someday (hopefully not like 10 years from now, either) I'm going to get married and start a family, but I also know that I want to find a life partner who can join me in a whole hearted pursuit of freedom and relationships. I'm discovering in these early days of the new season how much of a lifelong priority this is going to be. I can't wait to explore the world and have adventures with my wife, and someday my children.

So, here's to freedom. ::toasts::

2 comments:

brett tilford said...

Hear Hear or Here Here or however you say that...

The Morrigan said...

To freedom. *smiles*

LOVE,
B