Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Coming Home

I just got out of the car here in Charlottesville. It felt so good to stretch my legs and walk around the yard of Jonathan's house. The grass and the trees have crossed that spring threshold, shaking off their winter drowsiness and launching into full green. I still don't think I've ever seen a shade of green quite as fresh and joyful as the color of the young leaves in a Virginia spring.


I was walking around the yard and before I knew it I found myself heading into the woods. The sun was just beginning to set and about twenty yards past the edge of the forest this incredible golden sunlight was dripping from the bushes and the branches of the smaller trees. There really is something mystical about old forests. If you listen closely you can hear them breathing, feel their heartbeat pulse under your feet. I think the forest here was glad to see me.


It's really good to be home.

1 comments:

brett tilford said...

Have you thought about a career in writing? ;)