Friday, December 19, 2008

Florida Bound

Really early this Sunday morning my family and I are headed down to Florida for the holidays! Well, technically we'll be at sea for a week. Mom and dad found an amazing deal on a Christmas cruise through the Caribbean.

It's pretty amazing to me, almost hard to believe it's actually happening. This will be the first Christmas in 15 years that our family has the freedom to decide to be somewhere else for the holidays, and can afford to take a trip like this. Usually we have to be here taking care of Inn guests. It's just another sign of how quickly this season is shifting. And I can tell that I'm really ready for it, because I'm actually looking forward to sun, sand, and salt waves over snow and fireside Xmas presents. It's going to be a really fun change of pace.

I'll post up some photos and updates once we land again, but internet on the ship will be pretty expensive, so I won't be online much. Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to that too. I plan to find a lounge chair, settling in with my notebook, and write...a lot. That sounds like total luxury to me.

0 comments: