Thursday, November 13, 2008

Viking Dreams

I just woke up from the *weirdest* dream about an hour ago (yes, I know, 11:30...it's my day off, so sue me).

I frequently have really strange, vivid dreams, but I don't usually remember them this clearly after I woke up.

Ok so as the dream started I discovered that I had been made the chief commissioner of a Baseball team! Shut up in my dream it made perfect sense =). Ok so there I was commissioning baseball teams, and in my dream that meant that I got to decide who would sit in the very best box office seats during the games, so of course I called up all of my friends. That was the part of the dream where random people I haven't thought about in *years* started showing up, and it got a little awkward.

So it turns out that the team I was commissioner of was the Vikings! And of course, all of the players were actually Vikings. Big, hairy, scary vikings with swords and axes. In my dream, all the Vikings were about 8 feet tall, they looked like comic book characters. And so none of the other teams would play with them, because they kept killing people and such (wusses). So it became my job, as chief commissioner, to try and reason with this unreasonable Vikings.

So the last part of my dream took place in this giant wooden longhouse like you see in Viking movies (I will continue to capitalize that word, because I think awesome words deserve a capital letter). Except that this wooden longhouse had couches and a fridge and a pinball machine. I guess even Vikings have to unwind somehow. So we were all sitting around the room on these couches, and the Vikings were taking turns sharing with each other about what drove their rage, and how they were going to try to overcome it. They even got kind of choked up sometimes. It was really sweet actually. A few of my friends were there trying to help me lead this Viking intervention, and there was this one Viking guy who just could not remember anyone's name. He felt so bad about it, but he just kept calling everyone Halga. Poor guy.

Anyway, then I woke up a a rainstorm outside my window as I made breakfast (lunch?). What a wierd way to start the day....