Friday, November 7, 2008

Post Election Thoughts

Last Tuesday was an amazing day.

Whatever your personal feelings or wishes, I can't imagine that anyone could remain unmoved by the events of Election night. It was a historic evening.

Now the question becomes, "what will the next four years bring?" I've been encouraged by the emails I've seen from Christian leaders urging believers to pray for and support our new president elect. I would add that, while praying earnestly is a wonderful beginning, it's not enough. I am praying that God would surround Obama with godly men and women, intelligent and sensitive to His voice. My fear is that the christian community, through some sense of outrage or protest, will boycott Obama's administration.

In that light, I've begun to seriously consider applying for a job somewhere on the 2009 White House staff. I wasn't even considering it this time a week ago, but the thought has been growing in the back of my mind since monday. I think it's interesting that even back in June I was very clear that I wasn't supposed to make any clear commitments or plans until late January of 2009...

So I've begun doing some research and thinking about what kind of position I'd be interested in applying for. I'll keep blogging about this process as it unfolds, but consider this a formal appeal for prayer, thoughts, and support as I begin to walk this out.

1 comments:

Joel said...

I think you should do it. I won't even pretend I don't have an agenda to live vicariously through you in this. May the LORD grant you favor.

Alas, while I am indeed encouraged by much of the feedback, I've also heard from several who seem determined to, at the very least, bitch, moan and slander their way through the next four years. May God have mercy on them . . . and on the rest of us who have to put up with them.

But thank Him for those who are uniting in prayer, irrespective of their affiliations or political convictions. And I thank Him for our new president.