Friday, November 14, 2008

Dancing Fog

There is only fog as far as the eye can see....which isn't very far.

I woke up this morning to find my mountains completely blanketed in silver mist and rolling clouds. Up here, fog doesn't sit still, it dances. There is something very magical about it. When the world is covered like this, anything is possible. I know exactly what the mountains outside my window look like, but today there might be an endless ocean in their place. Perhaps little mountain dwarves built castles on the ridges while I slept. No one can prove for certain that they haven't.

I think I prefer to live in the fog. I would rather believe in what thrills my heart than be forced to accept that everything I see is all that there is.

Please excuse me, I have some writing to do...

3 comments:

Joel said...

Dude, I know exactly what you mean. Now I'm wondering if I'm more excited that there's someone else who feels the same way or bummed because I'm not as special as I thought I was. ;-)

I tell people how I feel about fog sometimes, just like I naively tell them about other things that matter to me . . . and just like when I tell them those other things, most often I get that look.

JustinFike said...

Haha, yeah man, I know that look well. All too well.

Anonymous said...

"No one can prove for certain they haven't.."

hahahhahahahhahha



and yes, it appears i am commenting on every dang entry.....