Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Winter Morning

It finally happened. I've been waiting for it for weeks now.

This morning, I woke up slowly around 9am. As my eyes blinked into focus, I realized that everything outside was covered three inches of white.

It snowed last night!!!

I think you have to grow up with snow to really appreciate it. My mom hates this time of year, she just feels cold and miserable. But for me the first snow of the year is pure magic. Up here, the only thing that disturbs snowfall is animal footprints. It's like the whole world pauses and heaves a gentle sigh of sleep.

What a wonderful, wonderful way to wind down my season at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pictures? .....please?

JustinFike said...

Yeah I'm working on getting together a winter album to put up on Facebook =).