Friday, June 20, 2008

A Long Silence

Sorry for the long absence. Hopefully Demetri Martin kept you entertained somewhat while I was away.

hehe...B Batteries.

Anyway, this is normally the part where I would talk about how busy everything has been, blah blah blah, but it really hasn't. I mean, I've been working on a lot of things, and I spent the last weekend at the Dandelion Seed Conference in Charlottesville (which was amazing and I'll need to post on that at some point).

But mostly, I've just been mentally tired. I've been stubbornly avoiding any non-essential "thinking and expressing yourself" activity lately, hence the long silence. I'm not really sure why. I've noticed that I get that way sometimes. When I've been engaging a lot, all of the sudden I just need to disengage from it for a while. It especially happens when there's something in the back of my mind that I'm thinking a lot about...

I suppose I finally found the outlet I needed though. Two nights ago I stayed up all night playing Mass Effect (an amazing space opera epic roleplaying game on the PC, for the uninformed). I finally crawled in bed for a few hours around 8am.

You'd think I'd wake up tired, but I was so refreshed and energized that morning, and I have been since then. I rolled out of bed and crossed three things off of my to-do list in about 30 minutes, and I've been on a roll ever since.

I guess I'm still learning how important it is for me to regularly disengage and really give myself permission to do that with abandon.

So, keep your eyes peeled for regular posting once more. I've been thinking about a lot of things, and having some very interesting discussions with cool people, so expect some more philosophically oriented posts for a while.

Although I can't promise I won't get goofy on you. That's just how it is.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think that's really true, Justin. I noticed a similar response in myself after this week and other intense processing I've been doing.

Can't wait to hear more from you - your conversations, what's been sticking around in the back of your mind, and whatever else you feel like sharing.

A Traveling Girl said...

powerfully engage....
powerfully disengage....
I'm thrilled you are learning to live in that tension!