Monday, January 19, 2009

Vision

It's been a very full and intense week. I've grown a lot.

It's always strange to look back and realize how inherently selfish one's perspective had become. I've been realizing over the past few days that most of my sense of disorientation, lack of purpose, even panic lately is due largely to the fact that my vision had imperceptibly narrowed. Everything I was focusing on related to my own life. It was all important and significant stuff (it always is), but it wasn't enough.

I'm dreaming bigger dreams at the moment. I've been pushing out a frighteningly big idea for a non-profit digital publishing enterprise. I don't want to talk specifics yet because it's such a fresh idea, but it's single-handedly pulled me out of my recent funk.

I'm excited and nervous like I haven't been in months. I'm feeling a compelling sense of urgency again, like every minute of each day is important and meaningful. I'm scared again, in a good way. I've decided that life isn't worth living unless you're pursuing something so big that it scares you a little, but so important that the thought of not pursuing it is much more frightening.

So - once again - here's to the future, whatever it holds. At the very least it should be a very wild ride =).

0 comments: