Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If you've got Tedrepil's, I've got Rewansur's

Things have been too serious lately, and no one has posted any comments. So today is crazy day.

The last two security challenge words I had to type in to comment on other blogs have been "rewansur" and "tedrepil". So, your mission (I don't really care if you choose to accept it or not, damn it), is to respond to this post with your suggested definition for these two words, which I've decided to adopt. I'll pick my favorite and start using it obsessively, so you really want to get in on this.

Ok, go!

Also, this was me today:

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

You're right - people are lamely not commenting these days.

Though - you should check back on my blog. Lindsy added a nice response to your comment.

Also, my Rewansur could eat your Tedrepil any day of the week.

Joel said...

Rewansur's: "re-VAHN-surs" - an infectious disease of the lower colon characterized by an awkward itch and Tourette's-like outbreaks of facial expressions indicating extreme surprise (see illustration--the photo that accompanies this blog). Rewansur's is named for the German pathologist, Gerhard Rewansur, who discovered it and tragically suffered a severe case of the disease until his death. Rewansur's is not known to be fatal--some in fact claim that it prolongs life--but it is both painful and socially debilitating.

tedrepil: "TED-rep-ul" - a suppository concocted to mitigate against the symptoms of Rewansur's. Etymologist's speculate that the tedrepil is named for a guy named Theodore, who was Gerhard's "companion" and personal physician.

"Shest" was my verification word for this comment. Seriously. I was going to incorporate it as one of the symptoms of the most extreme cases of Rewansur's, but that seemed too easy.

And, Kimberly, I don't think you ever judged your "caption this photo" contest. Ahem. We pour our hearts out and this is the gratitude we receive. No wonder you're not getting more comments. Harumph. ;-P

Anonymous said...

Cat Justin is scary looking. I prefer Human Justin.