Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pop Quiz!

I wanted to shake things up a bit, so let's play a game :). I had an idea to create an internet scavenger hunt, but that's going to take a bit more work, so while I'm getting that ready let's go with a little history trivia in reverse. I'll put up a list of years or dates, and in the comments field you post any significant events that occurred in that year ("significant" being entirely up to your own interpretation). I'll try to cover a range of different time periods and kinds of events. Feel free to look around online if you want to take the easy way out ;):

1. 356 BC

2. December 7th, 1941

3. 1969

4. 1215 AD

5. 1862

Ok, for the second half I'm changing it up. Here are some riddles:

1. What eats to live but never drinks?

2. What do the poor have that the rich crave and God fears?

3. A man lies dead in the middle of the desert next to an un-opened package. That contents of the package explain his death. What is in the package?

4. A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

5. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

6. What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

1. A plebian is chosen for the first time as a dictator in Rome.
2. Pearl Harbor
3. "I bought my first real six string"
4. signing of the Magna Carta
5. the Confederates withdrew to Richmond
1. Fire
2. Nothing
3. A parachute
4. "This statement is false"
5. A towel
6. A postage stamp.

There. Do I win? Will you write another blog now?

JustinFike said...

yay for Kimberly! I guess you are the only intelligent reader of my blog ;).

Kimberly said...

Or the only one with mad google skills.